Understanding the basic styles of leadership can help you understand a mangers role in more depth.
There are many different styles and frame works out there that measure the types of management behaviours.
The most common style matrix is the Transformation Leadership model.
The model was developed in 1978 by James McGregor Burns and is the most effective.
Transformational Leadership is a process where “leaders and their followers raise one another to higher levels of morality and motivation.”Leadership, James McGregor Burns.
Within the frame work the Inspirational leadership qualities are:
- Maintaining a High level of integrity
- Sets clear goals
- Bases feed back on support and recognition
- Is emotionally intelligent
- Leads by example
- Gets people to look at the bigger picture.
- Inspires other to reach for the improbable.
How can you apply these into practice:
- Create an inspiring vision
- Deliver the vision and gain team buy in.
- Manage delivery and accountability of the vision
- Understand your people and what makes them tick.
- Build trust
- Revisit and evaluate your progress and your teams progress regularly.
How can you make changes to become more of a Inspirational Leader?